Park & Recreation
One of the biggest park of its kind for public purpose in Steel City is Indira Gandhi Park (IG Park) developed and maintained by SAIL, Rourkela Steel Plant. The location of the said park is adjacent to Ring Road and Main road leads to Traffic Chowk from Sector – 2 and Sector – 4 respectively. Within the area of sprawling 50 acres of land, there are number of facilities entertainment for public. The details of are as follow.
- A Zoo having number of animals and birds including Bear.
- Self propelled Boating Facility within the lack (big pond) inside the park by paying extra charge for the same.
- Doll Museum having dolls from different countries.
- Toy Train facility round the lake inside the park on extra payment.
- Rose gardens consists of variety of Rose saplings of 2 acre of area.
- Fish Aquarium consists of varieties of colour fishes
- Musical Water fountain during evening time
Inside the park the restaurant facility is also available.
Entry Fee : The entry fee for the park is Rs.5/- per person.
Working hour : 8AM – 7PM ( Closed on Monday and other selected holidays. )
The park is built up on the Silver Jubilee celebration of Rourkela Steel Plant and located to Sector 8 adjacent to Ring Road leads to Sector – 14. Adjacent to this park a Mruga Vihar (Deer Park) is also developed where number of Deers are available for public view.
Recently a Musical Water Fountain is also developed for the public here.
Developed by SAIL, RSP, the said park is opened for public on 1st January 2010 inside the Sector -5, VIP market area. Created and developed for public particularly those who are visiting to Sector – 5 market. This park is attractive for it’s monument eased with the wheel of Konark style. This park has also facility of sitting with flower saplings etc. for recreation.
Other than above in number of places, Rourkela Steel Plant has developed fitness paths and Small Park for the public at large.
Maintained by Rourkela Municipality Authority, this was one of the oldest and crowded children park of Rourkela. It is conveniently located behind Uditnagar Govt. U.P School and Rourkela Municipality Library.